Top Listed Law Firm
in New London County for Personal Injury Litigation

- Best Lawyers in America

Contact Faulkner & Graves Law Offices in New London County Connecticut (CT)

Speak With An Attorney Today:

Faulkner & Graves

Accident / Personal Injury Litigation

1 Montauk Avenue, Suite 301
New London, CT 06320

Best Law Firms

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need an attorney?

  • If you believe you have been injured or wronged through the fault of another, whether an individual, business, or other entity, you should consult with an attorney. By doing so, you can better understand your rights and options and then make an informed decision about how to proceed.

How should I select an attorney?

  • The attorney you select should be knowledgeable and experienced in the area of law that controls your case. Also, you should select an attorney who is recognized in his field and respected by his peers. At Faulkner & Graves, we concentrate on representing people who have been injured or killed through the fault of another person, whether due to a car accident, dog bite, defective product or other wrongful act. Throughout our history, we have achieved high ratings for legal ability and ethical conduct.

    The selection process for being listed in The Best Lawyers in America is detailed at the following web address:

What am I entitled to recover in a personal injury lawsuit?

  • If you are successful in pursuing your case, you may be entitled to recover the following (both past and future): (1) medical expenses, (2) property damage, (3) lost wages, (4) impaired earning capacity, (5) pain and suffering, (6) permanent disability or disfigurement, and (6) emotional distress.

Will my first meeting cost me anything at Faulkner & Graves?

  • We do not charge for the first office consultation. Also, if you are hospitalized or confined to your home, one of our attorneys will come to you at your request.

How will I pay for an attorney?

  • Most accident and personal injury cases are taken on what is called a “contingency” basis. This means that rather than bill you directly for our services, we will take a percentage, typically one-third, of whatever settlement or jury verdict we achieve for you. This means that we don’t get paid unless you are compensated.

What should I bring to our first meeting?

  • You should bring any documents or other materials you have that are related to your case. For example, if you were in a car accident, you may have and should bring with you the police report, your own insurance policy, medical reports or bills and photographs of your car or injuries. We understand, however, that at the start of a case, many people do not have anything to bring with them. It is not a problem if you do not have any of these items, because after we meet with you, the attorneys and staff at Faulkner & Graves will work to compile the necessary documentation to support your case.

How long do I have to make a claim against someone who injured me?

  • Most accident and personal injury matters are governed by strict time limits and notice requirements that make it important for victims to take action soon after an accident to prevent claims from being restricted or outlawed by the passage of time. Some cases also require that you notify the person or entity who injured you within a very short amount of time. Because of these various requirements, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible after an accident.

Who pays my medical bills?

  • The primary source of payment is health insurance. Depending on your individual situation, other sources of payment include auto insurance, homeowners insurance, state assistance, medicare, or worker’s compensation. When we meet with you, we can help you sort out this issue.

My car was damaged in an accident. Who pays my property damage?

  • Property damage arising out of a car accident can be paid by either your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company, depending on the type of coverage each person has. As with the payment of medical bills, how property damage bills are paid depends upon the particular facts of your case. We can help you with these issues after we meet with you.

My accident happened out of state, can you still help me?

  • Yes, Faulkner & Graves can still help you. We are able to refer cases to the premier lawyers in every state.

Have you been injured or involved in an accident?